What services does WorkOne offer job seekers?

Where do I sign-up for Unemployment?

You may file for unemployment using any computer that has access to the internet. The web address for Unemployment is: www.in.gov/dwd. If you do not have access to the internet you may visit your local WorkOne to file your claim on-line.

What is WIA?

The Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) supersedes the Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA) and amends the Wagner-Peyser Act. WIA also contains the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (title II) and the Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1998 (title IV). WIA reforms federal job training programs and creates a new, comprehensive workforce investment system. The reformed system is intended to be customer-focused, to help Americans access the tools they need to manage their careers through information and high quality services, and to help U.S. companies find skilled workers. This new law embodies seven key principles. The Department of Labor (DOL) has issued a Final Rule implementing provisions of titles I, III and V of the Workforce Investment Act. For further information click here.

I am having problems with my Unemployment Insurance. How do I receive help?

Customers having problems with their Unemployment Claims should call the Help Line at 1-800-437-9136.

Who can use WorkOne services?

Anyone looking for a job! There are a variety of situations in which WorkOne can be of assistance - first job, job loss, re-entry into the workforce or a search for a field with better pay. Whether you're an experienced worker looking for advancement or a high school student looking for your first job, WorkOne can help.

Does WorkOne offer any specialized services

Together with our partners, we're able to offer many job search and job-training resources, including special programs for youths, veterans, people with disabilities and seniors.

Is there a cost for using WorkOne services?

WorkOne services are free.


WorkOne on Facebook